show ur wrasses

murph145

i wanna see some peoples wrasses so heres one of mine my female leopard wrasse

i also have a yellow coris wrasses are just really interesting fish IMO

anonome

Murph, I have always liked this wrasse but was afraid to try it because of my shrimp. Are they reef safe with shrimp? Do you have cleaners or fire shrimp? I would love to add one of these.....please reply.

jimmy 4

Here is mine. I think it is a Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse.
I can never get a good pic of him because he is very shy.
He looks way better in real life and has eyes like a porkupine puffer (opalish eyes)

murph145

anonome..... its about as reef safe of a fish as u can get.... lots of wrasses are reef safe just some of the bigger may not be... but this guy only goes around lookin for pods and stuff very fun to watch they swim interestingly
anyways if u wanna try one they are a more difficult species to care for try to find a healthy one at a fish store thats already eating thats the biggest issue that they wont take to eating frozen foods.... luckily this guy eats like a pig!

triggernut

Originally Posted by murph145
i wanna see some peoples wrasses so heres one of mine my female leopard wrasse
[
i also have a yellow coris wrasses are just really interesting fish IMO

Here's my Bird Wrasse and Yellow coris wrasse. Cool fish

Triggs

tperk9784

I love these types of fish. Does the leopard wrasse require a sand bed or can they be kept in bare bottom tanks?? What other wrasse can be kept in bare bottom tanks?

murph145

Originally Posted by tperk9784
I love these types of fish. Does the leopard wrasse require a sand bed or can they be kept in bare bottom tanks?? What other wrasse can be kept in bare bottom tanks?
i think most of these types of wrasses need a sand bed to bury themselves in at night and to foriage on the micor fauna....
ive scene some people add a small tuperwear container with sand in it for that purpose
nice wrasses everyone keep them coming i might have to add another to my tank!

chilwil84

my ornate wrasse. it just did a little floor flop tonight it shot up for food bounced off the light fixture and landed on the floor tossed him back in and he went right back to eating cool fish. murph is right about burrowing wrasses my lunatic in my fowlr has taken home to the 2 1/2 in pvc pipe i put in for my sfe

murph145

Originally Posted by rs1831
Murph, how do you post large pictures?
i use photobucket.com for uploading my pics u can upload to around 1000x1000 then u copy and paste the IMG tag to the thread ur typing its very simple the little 500pixel shots dont show enough detail IMO