Show your Acans!

blb9

Thank you all for the feedback :joy: blondie_00, as far as I know, acans do not need any more than pc lighting. I have even heard of people keeping acan lordhowensis in caves in thier rockwork with much success. Bonebrake, I belive, has one placed in a small cave.
efishnsea, that lord is amazing! How long have you had that acan lord? I have heard that acans tend to "color up" in captivity. My acan is beggining to show some orange in places where it gets more light. I am really excited, b/c i dont have hardly any orange in my tank.
Here is one pick the day after it came in to my tank

efishnsea

I have had it for a couple of months, It has become brighter since it was introduced. It is about 8" under the Mh's, I'm thinking about moving it to the side of a rock kinda vertical, I heard they do well that way!!!!
Thats great about the orange apperaing
, this is m first one. Kinda new to the acan thing...

efishnsea

Here are my Echinata's, orange w/blue and orange w/grn centers.
Hey BLB9 when the weather cools off lets trade some frags
!!!
efish :happyfish nsea

blb9

Wow, Awesome echinatas
My LFS had a batch of around five or six echinata colonies, all mislabeled "closed Brain/favites", but oddly enough the person who helped me knew exactly what they were and what they need to do well. I naturally picked the most interesting colony, but none of the colonies were anywhere as colorful as those two

As for trading I have never traded by mail before, and I don't know how, except that they need to have overnight shipping. I'd like to trade a polyp or two, but b/c I got the colony only a month ago, I would prefer to trade little later

efishnsea

Originally Posted by BLB9
Wow, Awesome
echinatas
My LFS had a batch of around five or six echinata colonies, all mislabeled "closed Brain/favites", but oddly enough the person who helped me knew exactly what they were and what they need to do well. I naturally picked the most interesting colony, but none of the colonies were anywhere as colorful as those two

As for trading I have never traded by mail before, and I don't know how, except that they need to have overnight shipping. I'd like to trade a polyp or two, but b/c I got the colony only a month ago, I would prefer to trade little later

Yea sure me to, mine are new as well, just a few months. Keep me in mind and I will do the same and we can compare notes on our acans
...When it comes time to frag its really easy, I'll walk you through it. There is a really cool video on this site called "Eric Borneman Propagation Techniques" I think that is what it is called??? Just do a search for Eric B and it should come up. You will be able to frag about anything after watching it.