Show your DIY completed stand

firefish21

This is for people who have made a custom stand. Show a full shot. If you want, post approx. how much it cost.

shoimen

Here is my new 75 stand that I built. It is made with 1x4 and 1x6 boards as opposed to 2x4's. I was somewhat nervous about doing this, but the stand is rock solid! Way better than the prebuilt stands i see at stores.
I doubled up the boards most of the way around. The boards are screwed together and I also used liquid nails for an extra tight bond. It has 3-5 coats of polyurethane on the outside and a coat or two on the inside parts to better endure the water.

The doors are not done yet...and I plan to build a canopy as well.
I would guess it cost about $100-150 so far for all the wood and various materials.

annanymous

im at work so i dont have a pic to post, but you can check out my thread of DIY 90g stand, all the pics r there

thegrog

Dogstar, your's puts mine to shame!!

I like the black with stained trim. The vents on the front are a nice touch for air circulation too (not not that noticable). I may have to borrow your ideas some day!

dogstar

Thanks but I like yours too.
I wish I had put the vents on the side or something but my fans are in the back top and this way they draw the air across the water and lamps better.
I often think about doing something esle with those vents but probly never will.
The black parts are flormica.

T

tizzo

I we could combine the trimwork and that side cabinet from Thegrog's and the colors of Dogstar's ans Shoimen's shine, that'd be really cool.
They are all very nice in their own right, but those are my favorite things about each...

clamp

I just got my DIY suspended canopy up.. and i must say.. i wont post a picture of it.... im embarassed after looking at these photos.... NIce stuff.. Im very impressed! Keep it up
Clamp