shrimp died =(

i was just braggin about how good my tank was doing, and my smallest peppermint shrimp died =( i was watchin him about 45 minutes ago and he seemed fine, but then a few min ago he was dead.. anything to be worried about for the other fish? or was this probably just a weird death the shrimp experienced?he was really pale in color when i pulled him out

he's been in there for about 3 1/2 weeks. for sure he was already acclimated?? i know he was dead, i put my hand in there and moved/played around w/ it for about 5 minutes and he showed no signs of life =(

life~reefer

Originally Posted by DrTITO
http:///forum/post/2927221
If you are luckly it might be a molt ....how long has the shrimp bin in there?
DRTITO IS RIGHT!!
I bought 2 shrimp two days ago and thought one of them looked pale!
I thought he died as well but he shed his skin!! I found them both alive in a cave!!
Before you get upset look around!!
~LIFE~~REEFER~~

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2927228
How did you acclimate him?
i bought two peppermint at the same time. i put the bag in the water to get use to the temp. i slowly over an hour took water out of their bag and added mine. then i netted them out and put them in the tank. they look/ were perfectly fine for 3 weeks or so, and showed no sign of death.

daphne

same here, I thought my shrimp died but it was a molt! A beautiful one that looked exactly like my shrimp but with pale coloring.

silverdak

sometimes it could just be a bad shrimp... it happens, some people dont think it does... but sometimes it does. My firts pep. shrimp died... water tested perfectly fine, everything else was doing great. I didnt let it get me down, I knew my water quality was fine and just moved on and got another a few days later. this one has been in there for like 4 months now.

im thinking it might be a molt as well. My sexy molted the other day and some bristleworms/brittle stars took the skin away before i could even grab it