shrimp goby+shrimp+shrimp goby=?

fallinmor

has anyone put a pistol shrimp and shrimpg goby in a tank and then a few months later put in another shrimp goby? i have a hi-fin goby and i know they aren't aggressive toward anything but other hi-fins but could i put a yashea or tangaroa goby with them? will they fight over who gets to pair with the shrimp or will the shrimp attack the new goby, or will they all share the burow? i have seen hi-fin gobies share a burrow with atleast 3 other gobies in my lfs tanks and i have read in many places that this will happen if there is no pistol shrimp. i was just wondering if anyone has done this before and what happened.

traib

They will not fight nor will the shrimp harmany of them. But, why not get another shrimp too?

fallinmor

well i was thinking of that but my tank is only a 20 gallon i know it could support them but i have alot of inverts. like a reef lobster, an arrow crab, 2 emerald crabs, 9 hermits. could i add another pistol shrimp and goby? right now the fish in there are 2 neon gobies and a firefish and the hi-fin.

czone13

i want to do the same exact thing but ive read and asked my lfs if i should just keep one pistol or 2 and they said 1 should be fine i will be getting 1 pistol shrimp 2 highfins or 1 pistol and 1 high fin and 1 yellow watchman goby i think it would be fine maybe get the firefish out tank might be a lil over stocked but he migh be allright how much fish will be in the 20 if u were to add the new stuff in with the inhab's u already have???

fallinmor

well with inverts 16 without the new inhab. but with the new 18 it sounds like alot but it's mostly inverts like my sand sifter star and purple urchin which is turning green, is that bad? only 5 would be fish if i added them.

czone13

i will have
1 cherub angelfish
1 sixline wrasse
1 high finned red banned goby
1 yellow watchman goby
3 green chromis
all in my 35 so it should be fine with ur inverts i only have 7 reef hermits and 1 huge turbo and getting some more reef hermits and some astreas so u should be good and later on maybe MAYBE a pistol shrimp

fallinmor

kool thanx for your responses. the only thing i need to know now is if anyone knows when i should get the fish? i just put in neon gobies yesterday. so about when, like a month or 3 weeks or 2 months?