Shrimp goby; your thoughts

azaintcold

Wanted to hear some experiences with shrimp gobys. Good fish to have ? Do they stay visible or hide for the most part? Thanks in advance!

nicetry

The few I've kept are pretty interesting. You'll usually be able to see them poking out from under a rock where they've excavated a den. Will come out to snag food or occassionally explore. I've had the larger pink spotted species which are pretty assertive. Pair it up with the appropriate shrimp and you've got a cool relationship.

N

nereef

very great fish to have. a goby and pistol shrimp is one of the best combos you can have in a fish only or a reef tank. i have kept a yellow watchman and a pink-spotted, both with a tiger pistol shrimp. the larger pink-spotted watchman is more active and protective, but i have really enjoyed them both.

puffer32

My combo are pretty shy, especially the shrimp.Don't see him much

My high fin goby is a cute little guy and stays out in the open alot, he doesn't have a shrimp though.

azaintcold

Thank you both. I was looking at the pink spotted goby, it was the one that caught my attention. gorgeous fish IMO.

puffer32

I had a pink spotted one once and he ate my firefish, be careful if you have small fish in your tank.