shrimp / goby

tank a holic

what combination of pistol shrimp / shrimp goby do you all have??
pics would be great

I have a pink and blue spotted watchman goby but my pistol died and I want to replace it, not sure which shrimp to get

jusmebabe

I have a yellow watchman goby and a bullseye pistol shrimp.
You can see the watchman at the entrance but I haven't seen the pistol since the day he was added. I only here him firing off a few rounds daily lol.
The targets are likely one of the 3 in the top pick less likely is the cuc.
They were purchased a week apart from different lfs and paired up within a few days

fuerte91

i have a yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp. i have one of those pistols that loves to be working all day. He's grown to a nice size now, looks like 3"

tank a holic

thanks guys, I wondered if my goby would take on a new shrimp, i got the first one the same day as the goby it was a bullseye also, I thought about getting the Randalli this time, it looks pretty cool and from the descriptions they seem to be the same
my old shrimp shot at everything lol he must have bad aim cause everyone was fine
have you ever heard your's double fire?

tank a holic

awesome the pics are great

so both gobies watch the same shrimp?
could you get another shrimp to put with them or 1 pistol per tank?

fcatch76

Originally Posted by tank a holic
http:///forum/post/3081267
awesome the pics are great

so both gobies watch the same shrimp?
could you get another shrimp to put with them or 1 pistol per tank?

Yes, both live in the same hole, the cool thing about having the two... one leaves while the other stands guard. Which is really cool, because most complain you never see them, especially in larger tanks ( I have the Red Sea Max 250).