Shrimp ID?

fireeater

The guy at the LFS threw this in for free yesterday. We thought at first it was an over grown ghost shrimp. Though when I got him in my tank he has come alive in colors.
Sorry for the poor quality pics as he was hovering just inside the starfish cave.
First one is with a flashlight on him.

fireeater

Not a CBS, I have one already and the 2 are way different.
He is neat looking and moves around picking at the rocks.

jedininja

That this is pretty cool. Nice to have something that most people dont have. But it surely is not a CBS. Not even close to color or body shape. Hope its reef safe:D

krishj39

yeah, i think it looks closest to a camel shrimp, but not an exact match, could be a weird looking camel, or something else entirely.

fireeater

Not a camelback as the colors do not match, no hump and the long front claws.
He picks at the rocks like a shrimp does and also eats pieces of shrimp or squid like the rest.
The colors on him are light green and yellow. He can also be see through at times with his inards being orange. The long front claws set him off from the rest.
He does not bother anything and acts like the camelback I have.

a_fender69

It is not a camel or peppermint shrimp
It is from the periclimenes family and because there have been so few found, it dosn't have a name. It is found near the philippines.
Sorry I have no more info

sitnlowdown

lol when our lfs throw stuff in for free its not a good thing because they have ate fish of kill corals lol no freebe from where i live but thats a nice looking shrimp or a nice freebe

dfishh

maybe its sum kinda variation of a cbs, but its just a very young one. like there r clown mantis shrmp, and regular ones, c wat im getting at here? the reason i think its a baby cbs is becuze of those large front claws. my frends cbs lost a whole arm, the one in the front with the big claw on it. after it molted, it grew back a very small one, looking simalar to the ones that ur shrimp is sportin. i dunno really but thats just in my opinion
DAVE