Shrimp!

saltyshark

Have you had any problems with your lobster in the reef tank? I've considered getting one for my tank but I heard they could be potentially dangerous to some of my inhabitants. Any truth in that...in your experience with them?
Thanks,
SaltyShark

Let's see. Let me title this response "Lobster Homicides"
1) Damsel - $3.99 DEAD
2) Damsel - $3.99 DEAD
3) False Percula - $14.99 DEAD
4) False Percula - $14.99 DEAD
5) Mandarin - $19.99 DEAD
The Lobster is really cool looking. I hand feed this guy, and probably will never give him up. Really hardy, withstood many drunk re-aquascaping episodes. He virtually murdered every fish in my tank, except for one. I had a 3" Naso in my tank for a few weeks and the Lobster didn't lay a claw on him.
Put it this way. Make sure the fish in your tank are either the same size, or LARGER than the Lobster. He will pick on fish smaller than him. He never picks on my Zebra Hermits, gets along fine with my Fire Shrimp (although they remain on different sides of the tank.)
My advice is this, add the Lobster LAST. This way he will not have a chance to claim his "territory", and might likely be less aggresive towards his existing tank-mates.
Justin ;)

superman

dead
dead
dead
dead
didn't you learn the first time. I sell cars and I had a customer yesterday with 3 purple hearts, very noble, but come on isn't the first when you should stop and say hey what am I doing here.

chevman3171

Since this is all about shrimp - I figured this would be a good time to ask some questions - Does anyone know what would cause a pair of Peppermint shrimp to disappear? I mean gone. Because I have a 25 Show Eclipse2 Reef Tank that just had a pair of shrimp disappear. No fish to eat them, either. I just don't get it. I rearranged the tank a few days after I couldn't find them and even dug in the sand, but to no avail. There's no way they could have climbed out, already checked that one out.

dolciflyer

about the lobsters...spiny lobsters don't have claws and are less likely to be harmful to other fish, but still a good idea to get them last... i had one for quite sometime but lost it to the molting process.