shrooms 101

arsen_36

what do i need in order to keep acouple mushrooms besides lighting? stuff like supplaments food ect ect...

fishieness

good water quality. that is pretty much it that doesnt come standard in a fish tank. like salt. heat. lol

am3gross

yeah shrooms are a pretty easy coral to keep. i dont think i have ever killed any of mine. when i first started out i was using pc lighting. now i have dual 250 and pcs and i cant get rid of them! there every where!
am3gross

kzoo

All the stuff they need are in your salt mix, just do regular water changes and they will be fine. Some shrooms need alot of light other need very little. Ask were or who you get them from what light they are growing under.

murph

It seems most species of shrooms are like rabbits. One of the reasons I could never figure out why they are priced like they are. If I had an LFS I would have a shroom propagation tank set aside and practically give them away. There is not much doubt those customers would be back for other corals once you get them started.
Unfourtantly most of the LFS in my area have problems keeping there corals alive long enough to sell let alone having a tank set up to grow out some shrooms

mrdc

And remember the growth of shrooms varies. I have some purple ones that are getting out of control where as my green striped ONE hasn't done squat. I have several other colors that grow at different rates. I got to take care of the purple ones because they are starting to cover up some of my zoas.