shrooms falling off rock

goldmar00n

i bought a rock with about 4 green shrooms on it..one large and the others where kinda small..ive had them in my tank for about a month now...and today all the little ones where gone...i move the peice of rock and they where lying in on the sand behing the rock and they started foating...the big one was still attatched but only by a little bit...i have 260w of pc lighting..and these shrooms are on the sand bed...
whats going on?...
:help:

donpachino

maybe there is too much water movement hiting it try moving the rock to a new place maybe as low as you can get it

I agree that its too much water flow. On the other hand, I wish my shrooms would fall off. I hate them. :mad:

gregvabch

my shrooms are all over my tank. they do whatever and go wherever they want to. only a few of them are still attached to the original pieces of rock that they were attached to when i bought them.

cprdnick

Too much light, alot of mushrooms will do rather poorly in too much light, where as some will thrive in it.

clarkiiboi

The original question seems to answered. IMO, I would catch the ones that are lose in a net or by hand and then try to reattach to a smaller piece of rock. Its pretty simple---place on the rock, cover with bridal veil material, rubber band bulk of the material to keep it tight, and let sit for a few weeks (it took me a month) in a low flow area. That way at this point and time you can control where they grow. I had a few drop off from an order from here and that is what I did. FYI--my mistake---super glue dont work, use the veil. HTH some.