Shroom's / need help!!!!

nwdyr

OK... I recently got a really nice rock of striped mushrooms , well within 1 week they all "jumped" off the rock they came on. So I have been playing mushroom hunt for a few days. After finally finding them all, I cant seem to glue them to anything
soooo I tried the old , put them in a container with some rock ruble,,,, nothing! then I added a little sand,,,,, nothing. then i tried removing the rock and using just the sand...you guessed it NOTHING! I have fragged shrooms b4 and never had such a hard time. Any ideas would be great!!!!

spanko

Try a pc. of rubble with a rubber band loose enough not to hurt it but tight enough to keep it in place.
How long are you giving them, maybe just need longer time.
Why do you think they jumped ship in the first place? Flow, light, etc.

nwdyr

Some of them are big enough to try that, but what about the little ones? also would that work if I covered it with some netting?? thanks for the idea!! I gave them like 2 weeks, I thought that was enough time
Do you think if the flow was too high , that would cause them to jump ship? I think I do have too much flow in my tank , but then I read all this stuff saying mot to have any "dead spots" i guess a little trial and error huh ? I will try the rubber band and netting thing, thank you for the input!!! any others???

earnit33

Flow is a great possibility mine jumped and I chased him around everyday for about a week and found a low spot on one of the L/R set him down on it and turned my powerhead off at the oppisite end so it didn't blow him out.And he has been there ever since,That's been about 3-4 weeks ago,now I only turn that powerhead on maybe every other day or so.I do notice when it is on the edges do move around so I don't leave it on all the time maybe 2-3 hours or so.

nwdyr

i just turned off one of my p/h's i think I read all this stuff about water flow this and water flow that, before you know it I have a tidal wave in there ! Thanks for the input