Sick and tired of majanos

dcathey

I am at my wits end with these things. I have tried everything under the sun. I have tried boiling water, lemon juice, red sea aiptasia stuff(works for a couple days but come back worse), and now I have a copperband butterfly (i heard that some will eat them) and to no avail the majanos are still stinging some nice coral colonies. What do I do? I am almost tempted to try a racoon butterfly which I heard will eat the quick and then return him to LFS. I know its mean but I cannot find any other way. I have at least 75-100 majanos. What do I do without taking wery rock or coral colony out of the tank?

J

justin podolan

I have a lot of majano in my 55g. I posted a pic and they said to use joes juice, I used 2 bottles. It worked for me i just ordered more. Thanks everyone for the help.

pbienkiewi

I use tweesers to remove them. I have found this is the best way. Remove them from their base. I have done the lemon juice and kalkwaser and had minor results.

invertical

All you need is some Lye (100% sodium hydroxide), it's a crystal drain cleaner availabe at lowes. BE CAREFUL WITH IT...I mix it with some water (it gets hot and irritating) and used a syringe with a needle and injected them individually.....works 100%, but be very careful around corals and such as the solution will kill them as well...it barely takes any at all to kill majanos or aipstasia. The rock will end up looking a little off color in the area but its better than a tank of majanos! good luck!

J

jjs

Joes Juice works very well. I eliminated Majanos and Aptaisia completely. Very easy to use anemonies eat it , no need for injection no siphoning. Try this product youll be glad you did. I sound like a comercial "but wait there's more". Good Luck

natclanwy

Kalkwasser (aka Joes juice) has worked well for me the trick is to get the aiptasia/majano to eat it. If you try to inject them they will expell the solution and probably spread worse.

spiderwoman

I like Peppermint's because they will reach the ones that I can't find and reach. My tank is 29.5 inches high from the top and reaching in with a needle is not my idea of having fun.

jmick

I've had issues in the past with them. I went to my local Walgreens and bought syringes and injected them with concentrated kalk and nuked emm, it's almost instead death!