sick anemone

is my anemone going to make it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

1st tank

You said you have a yellow tang and a dorey fish??

40 gallon tank is no were near big enough for 2 tangs.
The fish I referred to as a dorey fish is just a little bluefish. Its not a tang. And our anemone was removed from the tank and put in segregation bowl but died yesterday. And boy did it stink

Kristin1234

The fish I referred to as a dorey fish is just a little bluefish. Its not a tang. And our anemone was removed from the tank and put in segregation bowl but died yesterday. And boy did it stink
A 40 gallon is still not suitable for any tang.

Sorry about your anemone. That stinks.

No pun intended.

1st tank

Eventually I'm hoping we will be able to convert our 55 gallon tank, which is in the living room and freshwater, into saltwater and just move the fresh water fish into the smaller tank. The 55 gallon tank was the first one bought years ago and the 40 saltwater tank was just purchased and started up about a year ago. I know it's going to be a hard and touchy transition but I can hope maybe I can convince my honey.

lmforbis

Even a 55 is too small for a tang. There are a lot of fish you can put in a 40 gallon though that are very pretty they just need to stay small and not too many because they are territorial.

James7733

Our apartment got fumigated preventative for bed bugs. After that my anemone started tonshrink and lost its tenticles. Its now stuck on the plastic plant but its been a few weeks but no sign of the little tenticles coming back. Will they? And its not proofing up either just staying flat. Is it going to make it?
My landlord has also done the preventative spraying twice. Each time I go to Walmart and get lots of plastic sheets. I completely cover the entire system and shut down all air intake items such as the skimmer and media reactor. I then hook up a battery operated air pump that I place outside the window and run an airline to the sump. I have had no issues with this method of prevention. Hope this will help if fumigating occurs again in the future.

1st tank

As you can see from my pic I have 2 live rocks in the tank. The one on the right i have been noticing has bristle worms in it. Now I can count at least 8 and they are getting big. How can I get rid of them? Any suggestions?

lmforbis

Bristle worms are good to have they help clean up the tank. If you over feed they will have lots to eat. This will allow them to grow and multiply because you are providing them with plenty of food. If they weren't there that food would rot in your tank causing water quality issues. If you cut back your feeding it will help control their growth. Only feed as much as your fish will eat in a minute or two. Any more and you are over feeding. I feed once a day, some feed every other day or less but to me that the s depriving the fish of nutrition. In the big picture the worms are good, just don't touch them with your bare hands.

1st tank

Ok. So having like some 20 bristle worms in the tank isn't a bad thing? I just don't want them to hurt the fish