sick anenome help

trinajon

Hi everyone, we are new to this forum. I have an anenome that suffered the problem of getting sucked into the bottom of the power head.. I know I know, I now know better and have a sponge on the bottom so it can;t get in. The bit it was sucked into was the plastic bit on the bottom that looks a bit like a bulb with bars (the bit that stops the big stuff getting into the filter), not the actual powerhead itself. We managed to cut the bars on the bulb to release it. It was mostly the tentacles that were stuck but part of the body was in there too. As it is a large anenome comparitively it was probably about 1/10 of it that was stuck. It then released a heap of slime, and has not looked great ever since. This happened a couple of days ago, it won't eat either. Can anyone tell me anything I can do to help it? the mouth is swollen and open, the tentacles are not fully expanded, its looking pretty sad. Help!!

clarkiiboi

I dont believe there is much you can do, but what you are doing. Not what you were hoping to hear, but as far as I know there's nothing else to do.

mr_bubbles

Most likely it has tissue damage and will have to heal itself slowly. A fish bruse. The best I can offer is to just give it time. Sorry. I hope everything works out.

flamingkingofhe

i have had the same thing happen to me just with a zebra matt an. i had to ripp it out of the power head and hope that it lived what i did then was to feed it micro vert every othe rday and after about a week and a half it came back to looking normal again as far as the tear and all that stuff goes since then he has been varry happy and healthy