Sick Clownfish

jhc

I am new to this hobby and would appreciate some help. I have a 55 gallon tank and have had it for about 2 months. It finished cycling about 3 weeks ago. I have about 45 lbs of live rock 5 turbos and 5 hermits. I have had 2 damsels for about 2 weeks and 2 days ago I added a clownfish and a lawnmower blennie. They did fine for the first day and then last night I noticed that the clown was breathing fast and he did not eat. Checked water and had .25 ppm ammonia and 20 of nitrates 0 nitrites. This AM he still doesn't look good and I noticed the tiny white dots. Is there anything that I can do for him? What about the rest of the tank? The other fish look OK so far. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
JHC

booya

Sounds like ick to me. (correct me if I am wrong). I would go to lfs and get a treatment. Do you have a different tank that you could put him in.

jhc

yeh, I think it is ick. I went to the store and they gave me some ick attack. It is a biologic treatment. It is safe for the LR and other critters, but I don't know how effective it is; Anyone know anything about it? I don't have a QT, but I am definiteldy heading that way. I hope I'm not too late for my clownfish, but at lunch he didn't look too good. Thanks for the advice
JHC