Sick corals to healthy corals !

mandy111

He will be one of the last if not the last. I put him in QT with copper as soon as I got him last week. In the right light he had some small bumps on his sides. Not white spots but maybe irritation from previous infestation. I wanted to play it very safe and give him a full treatment before adding him to the tank so he has a few more weeks in QT. The other fish I have are pretty small. Tomini tang is the biggest, flame angle, royal gramma, McCloskers flasher wrasse, PJ cardinal, watchman goby, fire fish, maroon clown and green spotted mandarin. The only other fish I am considering are some blue damsels. They have to go in last too and can probably hold their own against the tang.
I just posted a quick video of my grey. Lol. Agro shit. The advise I was given is that this is very normal behaviour fir them, in fact most powders. If they aren't this fiesty then they are not well. ! So at least we know he's ok. !

mandy111

Me. Hubby comes to tank. Swims over calmly up. & down says hello. I just walk past tank. , don't even stop & he flys the whole 7 feet away & chases me. If I stop he slaps. Stupid fish.

reefkeeperZ

I tend to go after the DOD (dead or dying) corals too usually can snag them for a buck or two and sometimes wind up with really nice stuff. i'm not afraid to take that risk. honestly if your good with your filtration and water changes, (something I have proven more than once) you can overfeed the hell out of your tank and your corals will only thank you for it. once my tanks get established they are fed on average of 5 times a day (various foods from frozen to flake to planktonic stuffs, and hommade recipies of my own devising) with good lighting and great parameters not only dfo most recover but they grow super fast. we tend to keep our tanks semi sterile which is a mistake the reefs are very nutrient and food rich environments, thats what makes them flourish. what they arent is polluted. and thats a hard line to walk in our tanks.

@jorge garrido HI, thanks
I have quite a few
2 x yellow tangs
1 x purple tang
1 x blue hippo tang
1 x powder grey tang
1 x kole tang
1 x lipstick tang
Nice selection of tangs, I got a blue hippo , powder blue , yellow and purple tang .. they are great with each other but the blue hippo and powder blue will nip at my corals , do your tangs do this?

mandy111

Nice selection of tangs, I got a blue hippo , powder blue , yellow and purple tang .. they are great with each other but the blue hippo and powder blue will nip at my corals , do your tangs do this?
OUCH. thats not good at all. Nope never had a tang touch a coral. But I do over feed them something terrible. They get fed 3 to 4 times a day.