Sick Foxface Rabbitfish?

youngladie

Hey,
For some reason my Foxface Rabbitfish will turn and have black sopt on it and it will make is fins stand straight up. It is sick or what. Help please!
:help: :notsure:
Kaitlyn

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Need some more details about exactly what the problem is. Black spots? Have any pictures that you can post up?

tjake68

foxface turn blotchy and get spots loose all there color when lights are off they stick there fins up for defence they are venimous is any other fish bothering it its normal for them to change colours but temp changes make them prone to ich even if its just a few dagrees try to keep steady temp they are pretty strong fish i have 2 in seperate tanks they had ich and got better and are doing good lol

E

exile415

he's fine. He shows these to tell others to get away from him, he may also do this when lights are off. your hands are in the tank .. etc

unleashed

here is my old majestic foxface(RIP)
1st is when the lights came on in the am my god she was ticked lol
2nd was her when happy

youngladie

It freaked me out becuase it was sleeping behind one of my filter thingys (real professinal term) and yas all black spotted and had it's fins up and I though it was dead! It really freaked me out!!!!

unleashed

if you toss in some food then back away from the tank he will go back to normal and should come right out and eat food always calms mine down