Sick Juv. Emporer Angel

scotts2002

I have had a Juv. Emporoer Angel since August of 2004. It has done great, but I just noticed that its eyes are poping out and slightly hazy. It is still swimming normally and it still has an interest in food. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
I just did a partial, 10%, water change.
The fish in the tank are: 2 percula clowns, the Angel, Red Sea Sailfin Tang, 6 line Wrasse, a small Snowflake Eel(temporary), 2 brittle starfish and a few assorted snails.
Thanks for the help.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Have you done any major maintenance on the tank recently, has that fish been netted recently?
Sounds like he has popeye due to bacterial infection. Do you have a picture? What are your water readings like, and how is the circulation throughout your tank?

scubadoo

Three causes that I am aware of for pop eye/eye cloudiness.
1. Poor water quality
2 Disease
3. Injury
I would elminate causes...test all water parameters and monitor the system for aggression. ALways tough to diagnose the contibuting factor as they all could be present. Try soaking his food in vitamins and garlic too.
How big is the set-up? If he is maturing he may be feeling cramped/stressed if your system is smaller than required for the angel. Stress leads to disease. Also, poor diet can also lead to disease so you need to post the regular diet you are feeding the animal.