sick Kenya tree

wigle36

Sorry I put it in the the wrong spot. I have
a kenya tree and it had a bunch of babies and
then it just started to turn colors. Sorry about
the picture. Is there any way I can perk it up.
[/IMG]

mx#28

It's hard to see the photo, but here are a few ideas.
Kenya trees are really hardy, but they need decent flow. I'm not taliking 'right in front of a powerhead' flow, but indirect flow that makes them sway around a lot. The fact that you say yours is turning colors makes me think it is likely being overgrown by algea and needs some flow to clean it up and keep it clear.

natclanwy

My kenya trees after they have babies will sometimes shrivle up for a few days which causes the color to change a little then will return to normal. I would just give it time Kenya trees are almost bullet proof, I actually have been experimenting with some of the frags, I have been keeping them in my refug under a single 20w PC bulb and almost no flow and they seem to be thriving for the time being. It has been a couple of months and they are growing but not nearly as fast as they do in my DT.

rbrockm1

your kenya is fine. mind does that every now and then. its nothing i pay any attention to because by morning its fine. i don't know what causes it but i will keep looking.

wigle36

I thank you for all your info. It starting to perk up
it looked like it shed this clear film and then it
started to look better.

michaeltx

thats very common thing that leathers do. its also how they grow the main body and sloth off the old skin kinda like a snake does.
Mike