Sick Naso (blonde) Tang

truck0000

Woke up this morning and my blonde naso tang was laying on his side. Check water and everything was ok. Went to LFS and hade them check water and every thing was the same. Got this fish 5 days ago from SWF.com. he was accalamated the rightway and has been doing fine. LFS said i should dip him in distilled freash water for 8-10 mins b/c of patrasite possibility. Is this a normal procedure? Any other suggestions? Tank has been up and runnind 7 months.

truck0000

well after reading some other post about tangs, I think I have starved him and didnt know it. I went to the LFS and got a seawed sheets and some zoecon. Is there anything i can do to get him to start eating.
Ph-7.8
salt-1.024
amonia-0
trates-15
trites-0
saddleback clown w/ seabea
2 yellow tail Damesials
2 blue Damesails
1 scotter blenny
23 scarlets crabs
24 blue leg crabs
20 nasso snails
29 lbs. live rock
very large hair algea problem that i am working on
bak pak skimmer
hangon Aqua Tech filter for a 55 gal. Wit cc substrate

lefty

Just a sidenote here, but you may want to try and get your pH closer to 8.3 and your SG up to 1.026. Where they're at now isn't a problem; it just isn't considered "optimum". :)
Try soaking the food in garlic extract found at most fish stores (unless it's the crappy ***** I have here; the only SW supply store for miles). If you can't find any, you can use real garlic. Either create your own garlic water with it or chop a piece into very fine chunks and mix it in with the food.
Also, live adult brine shrimp is known to stimulate appetites. If you can't find that, frozen brine shrimp may work. There's a food called Cyclop-eeze that is said to be irresistable to fish. Any of these foods are worth a try. Good luck with your tang! :)
-lefty

truck0000

Thanks for the advice guys but he died last night. That was an expensive lesson to learn. I guess we all have them

lefty

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost a fish due to his lack of appetite for almost a month. Sometimes you just can't get them to eat. I'm sure you gave it your best effort though. :)
-lefty