Sick Seabae?

po40cal

In the last hour my Seabae has started to ``leak`` a slimy, brown looking mucus from it`s mouth/anus. Also some of its tenicles seem to have deflated some. Can some one tell me what might be wrong? When I checked my water on Friday all parameters were good. Thanks.

predator

Anemone react slowly to anything. They need consistanly good water qualiy. Now if you have in fact kept your water quality good consistantly then something in the water has messed with it.
The tenacles being deflated is not a good sign. Just keep a close eye on em'. If he has a open mouth then things are really going down hill.

po40cal

Yes its mouth is open. Havnt added anything to my tank since I got him except a colt coral,on the other side of the tank. It is no longer emmiting anything but the stuff is all over my tank and even caught up in my sallylightfoots legs as well as trapped on my rock. There are only about maybe 10 or so tenicles that are shruken up. Would it be best to remove it?, could it mess anything in my tank up? I dont have a Q-tank so my only option would be to dispose of it.

mr.crabs

I'm pretty sure that its just expelling its waste.
My sebea does the same thing you discribed. It should be fine in a few hours.

lawnboy

I lost my sebae following my hatian committing suicide on a heater. I've read that anemone's secreations are extremely polluting. The more they pollute your water the more they will secreat. Catch 22. I cant find the link from my search but someone saved theirs in a 5 gal bucket with a heater and powerhead and constant clean water (I think it was an airline siphen?)
Hope someone can expand. Good luck.

dad

Terry is right.
Most anemones do not last long and really do more harm than good in the long run.
I had a seabae for over a year and that is very rare I found out.
Sorry for the bad news and good luck.