Sick Trigger, HELP!

snorman24

HELP! I have a Niger Trigger that I have had for roughly 3 years. This last weekend my wife and I added a new fish to the tank that died within 24 hours. About a day after the new fish died I noticed that my trigger had what appeared to be the first signs of ICH. I havent had any problems out of my tank in years so I had to set up my QT. After using copper as treatment I no longer see the whit spots, but they now appear to be red as though something was eating at him. DO you think this could be the effects the ICH might have had on him or could this be something else?
I cant get a good pic, but if I do I will post it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So you put the fish in an uncycled tank? Used copper? What about the other fish?
Yes it could be bites from the parasites, if they are round and at the site of the parasites.

snorman24

I have 3 tanks set up in my house so I took 10 gallons from an established tank for the QT and used copper. Beth, do you have any other ideas what it could be?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How long did you use the copper? Can you post up a picture? What are the water readings in that tank?
Is this fish eating, and acting normal?