sick valinitini puffer????maybe????

margie

I bought this puff about 3 days ago and this morning I turned the aquarium lights on and notice my puff has a big blue spot on one side of his body and also on his face.Also seeems a little bloated on that side. I've had puffs befor but have never seeen this befor. He is acting normal, hasn't eaten much but in my experience with puffs, they ususallly don't when you first get them .Anyone have any thoughts on this.???? or seen this befor????
***I'll edit in a picture in a min..

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did the fish experience something that made it puff? Do you have your pump intakes screened to prevent suction onto marine animals?

margie

thanks for the quick reply Beth, No, he hasn't beeen sucked up into any filter,,all mine are screeened...(had that to happen befor with another valinitini actually )he does looked bruised maybe...here are some pics maybe that will help with diagnosis...
thanks again
tank mates are
blue damsel
red cromis wrasse...
serpent star
fire fish
pink skunk clown
tomatoe clown
45 gal long
large crushed coral substrait
***the middle pic is his normal lookin side

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that is very strange. I'm not that learned with puffers, so I'm going to also copy your topic over to the Aggressive Forum to see if you get more input. Check over there as well as here.
Did he eat something he should not have? Any corals in the tank?

margie

No corals in the tank, no live rock eighter(but I want both very very baddly, but thats another thread) all other fish are accounted for...
thanks again.....