SIDE GLASS BLEW OUT,125 gallons of mess

tjswanson

I love that sailfin... I have been trying to get one like it, but my LFS says they have been hard to get in the past 10 months.. So I have been waiting untill he gets one in... Do you have much trouble w/ the yellow fighting it?

jimi

Steve is that the only return pump of the set up? Just a suggestion now, but you may want to upgrade your pump before your lights because most tanks should turn over atleast 10 times an hour. Nice sailfin.

mr . salty

I don't see a problem. If I was to go to, 1,250gph, I would need a 100gallon sump to handle the volume. Plus I've never seen an overflow system tha can handle that kind of flow.. STEVE

mr . salty

Better lighting,more fish,lot's more Live rock. And coral. Got plenty of room. (in the tank,not the room.) STEVE

rlv695

Yea you got me too!!!lol
just tried to look...you must be doing something on it...it said no page found

mr . salty

I don't understand, I was just there. Once a couple days ago I had to hit it a couple of times. But I've never been able to get on. I've had over 30 hits there since six oclock tonight. Keep trying........STEVE

M

mitch24

Looks great!
I love that pic of the tang hiding inside the live rock :)
You got me with your subject also!!!
That type of thing has always been a major fear of mine! I couldnt even imagine the damage

fubr

"OLY SHI**" was what came out my mouth when I read that,Got me too.
2 questions-
#1-In the third picture there is the bright purpleish thing...What is it?
#2- What type of anemone is that in pic 4? Looks like a carpet anemone? How is it doing, your lights dont seem to be taht bright in the pics...
-Josh

mr . salty

The purple thing is a purple long tenticle anemone, The other is a LARGE giant carpet. He's probably 8-10 inches across. Both love the tank. Yes the lighting is barly borderline. Upgrade here is next on my list of high dollar investment. Lucky my wife says nothing about the money I spend on this thing.Over 2,000 bucks in three months. I think it's pretty cool yhough. Most people that come over have never seen a tank that big. STEVE

jtoliver

I love the stand and hood, looks great with the white, did you make them yourself? Also, what do you think of the purple anemone? how is it to care for? I really like it. Great pics, cool site!

mr . salty

the cabinet and hood came with the tank. I answered an ad in our paper. went to look at it and was ammased to find a complete setup. Tank,cabenet,hood with lights,sump with pump and bio balls,powerheads,heater,overflow,and all the plumbing. For guess how much? are you sitting down? 200bucks. The cabenet,hood,and even the tank are custom made. The anemones are both very easy to care for. I use Kent marine coral-vite,and ZOE suppliments. I feed them once a week,a small piece of Fresh shrimp. STEVE