Silly question about Crazy Glue, Must be asked

vpotts28

I have heard of (maybe I didn't) of people using superglue with frags and such. Well I modified my maxijet and of course used superglue to bond some of the pieces. Once this is dried it will be completely safe for the livestock, correct? It may be a silly question, but it must be asked for the safety of my little friends.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by guinness
from what i have done and heard you should be completely fine if you use the superglue.
I sure hope so, I would hate to release so kind of toxin in and kill everything.

scotts

I used Superglue just this morning on something that went into my tank. I thought it was superglue gel and it was regular superglue. I THINK I have finally peeled all of it off my fingers.

jba6511

I also use it all of the time with frags. Place some on the bottom of the frag, push down for 30 seconds or so, then in the tank it goes.

autofreak44

there is actualy a reason why super glue works so good for frags and such... it was actualy made as a liquid bandage for the army, and therefore bonds skin, and soft coral verry well
fun fact of the day

vpotts28

Originally Posted by autofreak44
there is actualy a reason why super glue works so good for frags and such... it was actualy made as a liquid bandage for the army, and therefore bonds skin, and soft coral verry well
fun fact of the day

You learn something new everyday. Though I am guessing this came along during WWII. I can't stand to have it stuck on my fingers, can't imagine having to actually treat a wound with it.

sigmachris

Originally Posted by Vpotts28
. I can't stand to have it stuck on my fingers, can't imagine having to actually treat a wound with it.
That's why you should use gloves when fragging...plus zoo's can cause reactions to some people to the degree of hospitalization.

theappe3

Originally Posted by autofreak44
fun fact of the day

Thats a pretty cool fun fact!

onefishtwofish

Can you use superglue to bond your live rock together so they won't fall over? What about when the live rock is already in the tank?

vpotts28

Originally Posted by OnefishTwofish
Can you use superglue to bond your live rock together so they won't fall over? What about when the live rock is already in the tank?
I think superglue would be way to hard to use to glue rock together, albeit impossible. Find an underwater epoxy instead. something nontoxic of course.,