Silver bullet Goby, I want him out!

motleymick

I was at my LFS 2 Saturdays ago and picked up a 3" Silver Bullet Goby. I never had one before and the store said they will help clean the sand. So I got him. Yes, I see him eat the sand and spit it out through his gills which in the beginning was kinda cool. But now he's digging HUGE holes and pits in my substrate. It looks like Irac in there! I now understand that digging caves in the sand is what what they do but I'm not "diggin" his decor and (Mr. Silver Bullet Goby you have to go now.) I want to remove him from the tank. He's very fast. How do I get him out without tearing my aquarium apart? Any hints, clues, ideas? Please help. Thanks!

langlandjoshua

I have had some issues getting fish out before, my suggestion is that during feeding time when they come out, get a net and try to trap it into a corner then pull the net up, catching your menace. This can be rather complitated though and I am sure there are other better solutions.

motleymick

He's out!!! Finally just caught him in my net and pulled him out. Man, he is fast!!! I used his speed against him. He started digging under a small new rock I just added to the tank. When he saw me approach the aquarium he went under the new rock. So I scooped the rock and all into my net and he freaked out and raced straight into my net. Task complete!! Thankfully he is gone. No more Gobys for me. All their digging and re-aranging the aqua scape stressed me out.

bw256s_srt4

Yeah I have a yellow face goby in mine and im trying to get him out now. He was in my other 90gal that is all fish and he was cool in there so i switch him to coral tank like a dummy and now he is pissing me off. So he is on his way back to my other 90gal.