Silver dollars???????

chris17

Can you put silver dollars in a SW tank and have them live??? Can you even buy them anywhere, just curious??? I am talking about the sand sifting silver dollars you find out in the ocean....:thinking:

D

daniel411

They are destined to perish in our aquariums. So no, you shouldn't be able to find them anywhere. Most will perish due to lack of food in the sandbed within mere months.

gbpack

All will die. Besides even if you put them in you will never see them. They remain buried under the sand a lot. I get them during the summer and keep them as long as I can.

krishj39

Originally posted by gbpack
All will die. Besides even if you put them in you will never see them. They remain buried under the sand a lot. I get them during the summer and keep them as long as I can.

:confused: This confuses me. Why would you say how all in the tank will die and how they make terrible specimens even if they DID live. And THEN go on to say how you steal them from the ocean every year and keep them until they die? I don't understand the purpose. It isn't to see them, as you have already said, and it isn't because they will do well in your tank.:notsure:

gbpack

No where in my post did I say I keep them till they die. Most make it back to the ocean. I live about 5 miniutes from the Atlantic. They will still die even in captivity as will most fish. So where do you think the SWF you have in your tank come from? They don't grow on trees and only a small percentage of what is sold is bred. Every thing in your tank is stolen from the ocean. So get off your damn soap box.