silversides... am I missing something?

jacksonpt

My lion and my eel both looooove sliversides. My LFS sells pro salt brand silversides... a bunch of silversides all frozen together in a small plastic bag. The only way I can find to thaw them is to run them under hot water for a few minutes. The problem is that doing so thaws all the sliversides in the area where the water is running over the package. I only need 3-4 thawed. The constant thawing/refreezing deteriorates the silverside, so when it finally is feed, it just falls appart in the water before it even gets eaten.
Am I missing something? Is there an easier way to feed silversides?

rane

Break off the frozen package what your going to feed them and put it in warm to hot water in a little bowl or something, I use a plastic food container that you would use to store food in fridge and wait for it to thaw and just dump it in the tank water and all,
thats what I do, others might have different ways of doing things

jumpfrog

Pretty much the same except I use some tank water, break of a chunk and let it thaw. You're right in that they're too small to really handle. Just dump them in. I wish there was something a little bigger.

guppie

I was useing silversides but found lance fish from gramma, a litttle bit bigger, come in the same way all frozen together just break off a chunk put it in some water, bot my lion and puffer love them

bigcity

I buy the 16 oz bag and let it sit in the fridge for a day or two to melt. Then, i take little sandwich bags and put 25-40 silversides in it, lay it flat, and spread them out so they are spread out next to each other. I normally get 10-12 bags worth. Then, I put all the bags in the freezer. That way, when I go to feed "the boys" I just take one bags out, snap off 10-12 fish, put the bag back in the freezer and let the fish thaw. Then it feeding time. Seems to work for me