Silversides???

I see everyone talking about feeding the coral silversides and I have never seen them in my lfs. Are they usually frozen or fresh and you cut them? And info is appreciated.

Gabby,
You can find them either at your grocery store in the fresh fish counter or you can go to a bait and tacle shop for them. Depending on how big they are will determine if you need to cut them or not.
Dan

kelly

Gabby,
Since you are from PA, you will most likely find them in a pet shop... The ones I got were frozen and about 2" long. I have never seen them fresh, or in a grocery store.

vkesu

Are they a freshwater or saltwater fish? I have also never seen them even in many lfs. (I did see a frozen pizza today though under the frozen brine!) :eek: I thought my freezer was the only one like that! :D

royce

VkeSu, You aren't the only one, I've got the Prime Reef next to the dacquiri mix - that will keep you from drinking too many! :eek:

schlong33

Hey Kimf,
From my understanding, silversides are a good nutritional food to feed to your various inverts. (anems, etc).
From what I have picked up, it's the food of choice by some on the board. Granted, I haven't progressed my tank far enough to get into these yet, but oh yes, the time will come..... :D