Single White spot on my PT's mouth

I noticed these past few days that this white spot on my Purple Tang;s mouth is getting bigger. Is this an Ick? If so, how come it's not multiplying (not that I want to)? The PT is eating ans stable. I have a bottle of malachite green in case there's an outbreak. Now, my LFS told me that I shouldn't put this unless there's an outbreak because it would kill the GOOD bacteria. Is this also true? Please help. Thanks :notsure:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Please DO NOT put any meds in your tank...don't.
Medications destroys your tank.
Can you post a picture of this? Is it a dot like ich? Is it flat or bumpy?

Originally Posted by Beth
Please DO NOT put any meds in your tank...don't.
Medications destroys your tank.
Can you post a picture of this? Is it a dot like ich? Is it flat or bumpy?

Hi Beth,
I won't put in medication. The spot is bumpy not flat and got bigger these past few days. The PT is not showing any stress and not scratching. I will try to post the pic later on today.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Fish can get the virus from the wild, just as we get chicken pox as a child, and then carry the herpes virus for life.
Good living is the treatment for lymph. Good food, good enviroment, good food.
Of course, in the pictures it does look like lymph, but I can't really tell for sure. How long have you had this fish?

Originally Posted by Beth
Fish can get the virus from the wild, just as we get chicken pox as a child, and then carry the herpes virus for life.
Good living is the treatment for lymph. Good food, good enviroment, good food.
Of course, in the pictures it does look like lymph, but I can't really tell for sure. How long have you had this fish?
I hav eit for a month now. Lately, I've been feeding them with frozrn shrimp soaked in garlic. I also minced the garlic so that they could it them and they did. Yesterday, I noticed that the lump shrunk or it fell off, not sure which one. I will check and monitor today to see if it's there. I will keep you posted. Thanks