Sirius Radio

takia

So... Who has it? Who likes it?? Do you listen to it at home? How hard was it to install in your car?? house?? Thanks!!!

ruaround

I love Sirius...Pure Octane and Alt Nation!!! my buddy has XM and he loves it... I have Sirius only because Dish Network either merged or purchased them...one bill for TV and Radio

testieone

I got Sirius because I'm a Howard Stern fan. It was quite simple to set up. The antenea is a magnet so I just tucked it under the weather stripe and velcroed the unit to the passenger side of the dash, away from the airbag. It's my patrol car so noone sits in the passenger seat and I have a remote for changing channels and such. Works great. I even got lucky and got the unit itself on ---- for only 25 bucks....

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by testieone
I got Sirius because I'm a Howard Stern fan. It was quite simple to set up. The antenea is a magnet so I just tucked it under the weather stripe and velcroed the unit to the passenger side of the dash, away from the airbag. It's my patrol car so noone sits in the passenger seat and I have a remote for changing channels and such. Works great. I even got lucky and got the unit itself on ---- for only 25 bucks....
Howard fan here allso be i allso listen to it all day in the office octain, rock vinal, radio chick exc. (i know someones logg in for the online version) I dont have my own unit yet but im looking into get the s40 unit. In my opinun its the best one for the money. Pritty pricey but when you compare the features to the other units its un beatable.

madison

testieone, matty0h_52 ~ Tissue time with Blue Iris KILLED me last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so are you saying that the magnet antenna does not have to be outside of the car? I am trading in my car in a couple of months and doesn't want to poke a hole thru the rubber seal in the back window

pacino

my poor co-workers, i have slowly converted them to the dark side, with everything from blue iris to beetlejuice, they are slowly converting....
but yeah sirius is really good, i like "back spin" myself, but i listen to the chicago bulls games on my way home. so satillite has worked out good for myself..

1journeyman

I don't spend enough time in my car normally for either.
I'd go with XM over Sirius. I despise Howard Stern, though, so the hundreds of millions Sirius is paying him may account for that.

T

tizzo

I got the hubby a Serius for his B-day (Nov 30) and he loves it so much, he got one for all the men in the family...oh and his sister.
Serius has the NFL contract and XM has baseball. Whichever you like better, is the one you should go with.

T

tizzo

Not hard to install at all. You can actually just put the antenna on your dashboard.
As far as your house, I know you can get a boombox that it'll hook up to to take it anywhere, but you can also get a home converter for your own personal speakers...

judyk

My husband had XM which he really liked but, because Howard(I dislike) was going to Sirius he had to switch. He talked me into it for Christmas. You might wonder why it's already hooked up in his truck? Well, our son got one from his girlfriend for his birthday last week and they decided it would be easier if they both hooked them up in their trucks at the same time. They might forget how to do it if they waited until Christmas. Men!

cowfishrule

i had both sirius and xm. go with xm
even with howard going to sirius, its still going to be a flop
the only thing sirius has going for them is the NFL rights.

reefraff

I have had both on my sat tv service. Had Sirius on Dishnetwork and have XM on Direct. Can only speak on the music channels but XM Sucks. Sirius does a way better job with the music programming. As an example if you tune to the Sirius blues channel you will hear a wide range of blues music from old accustic numbers to AC/DC but definatly blues. With XM they mix soul, R&B, Jazz and blues in on the blues channel. What is the sense of having dedicated channels if you are mixing other styles of music in on them.