six line and sexy shrimp??

rsd

Ok. Heres the deal. I've been keeping my eye on a six line wrasse for about 3 weeks. But knew I couldn't get him 'cause I had sexy-shrimp (about 3/4 inch long). BUT... before I could get rid of my CBS it killed 2 clown gobies and my sexy shrimp (I thought).
So today I picked up a yellow clown goby and the six line (about 1.5 inches long). Awesome fish. Then when I fed guess who came out of hiding.... my sexy shrimp. Both of them. Now I have a problem. I hear 6-line's like small crustaceans. I KNOW my wife loves the sexy-shrimp and was crushed when we thought they were toast. Now what.
Do six lines eat sexy shrimp? I've done a search and read 2 dozen posts on SWF but noone seems to have asked this specifically.
PS He appeared really docile in the LFS tank. He was in a tank with 4 peppermint shrimp and 2 very small cleaners. I hope he continues to behave himself.
Thanks all.

mlm

They do like to harass small shrimp but mine has never actually eaten one of my shrimp as far as I know.

fishfood

Keep the six line fed and you may be ok. Within a month of adding my six line both of my peppermint shrimps and my cleaner vanished. I hadn't been feeding the fish that often so he probably decided to eat what he could. Was only feeding 2-3 times a week but everyone was fat and looked healthy. I also no longer have any hermits. If you feed every day or twice a day hopefully you will keep him full.

jja

So I am confused now. I was asking what to put in my tank and everyone said six line. I have shrimp,crabs,corals etc.. are they safe or not?:confused:

kevin j

I have a six line and he has never went after any shrimp or crabs but he started harassing my maroon clown nipping at all his fins untill they were gone so now he is in my q-tank and I dont know what to do. I love my six line but I love my clown who knows I will figure some thing out but I really feel for the clown man he got his but kicked.:(

broncofish

My six line just cruises the tank, digs on the brine, and even lets pepe(my cleaner) clean him. I have never had a problem. My wife quite enjoys him also. I still don't see anything sexy about my shrimp either?:p

twoamp

My six line ate 1 right in front of my eyes
, swam around with it ins his mouth as if to say "ha ha look what I got!!".
Then I fed the tank,hopeing he would leave the other 2 alone. My second one disappeared over night and My third swam away but I think he was eaten and this was all in the matter of 2 days. Before that I had one that a day after putting it in it disappeared. You know who I am blaming that on now!!!

fish lady

I just got rid of my six line. He was picking on my scooter blennie so bad. He would bite little chunks out of him. My scooter ended up hiding under my elegance coral at all times. He also ate one of my sexy shrimp. He looked cool but was the most miserable thing in the tank. Now that he is gone the scooter is all over the tank again.

rsd

Wow, can't believe this got pulled out of the closet.
Just to catch everyone up... yup. The 6 line devoured every shrimp in the tank except the cleaner shrimp. If they were too big to fit in it's mouth, the 6 line would drag the shrimp along the rocks breaking pieces off... he even went after and killed a small emerald crab. Damn tough fish.
The 6 line went back to the store after removing almost every shrimp and crab in the tank.
I have 3 sexy shrimp that have been kicking it for 2 years now.

puffer32

Mine has been been in with 2 sexy shrimp for several months, a cleaner and hermits and doesn't bother any of them

rsd

give em time. Sooner or later, they all turn. :(
Mine did fine for quite a while, then once it started eating them... there was no stopping. Even over feeding didn't seem to help.