Six-Line Wrass Behavior

aquaria

So i have had my six line wrass for about 2 weeks now and i have had my true perch clown for about a month.
I was wondering if the six line wrass is usually an aggressive fish?
Sometimes i catch the wrass chasing my clownfish all over the place. At first i thought it was just playing around, but i notice the fin on the back of my wrass goes up when he chases my clown.
Is this just playing or attacking?
What is also weird is that most of the time they swim right next to each other and have to no problems at all, they look like friends actually!
Anyone have any issues like this or any advice?
Thanks!

mr. limpid

As long as there are no fiscal marks on the clown or torn fins, they are fine. They are trying to establish who is the boss.

scrapman

All wrasses are aggressives IMO. The six line wrasse is a beautiful fish swimming all over but is a known jumper. I introduced mine LAST in a 90 gal with 2 clowns, a yellow tang and a coral beauty. Everybody is happy.
Good luck

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapman http:///t/390847/six-line-wrass-behavior#post_3463775
All wrasses are aggressives IMO. The six line wrasse is a beautiful fish swimming all over but is a known jumper. I introduced mine LAST in a 90 gal with 2 clowns, a yellow tang and a coral beauty. Everybody is happy.
Good luck
I respectfully disagree. Many wrasses are very peaceful and even shy. Sixlines are terrors.

kiefers

I do agree that most wrasse can be peaceful but some others can just be mean.
Funny really, look at the cornish defintion of the word wrasse. And it doesn't even give the whole definition which is naggy old woman. Lol
[Cornish gwragh and Welsh gwrach, old woman.]

reefkprz

six lines tend to be extremely territorial fish. its amazing the amount of tank space one six line can consider "theirs". generally adding any fish after a six line is a bad idea. even fish added before the six line can be pushed out of their already claimed territory if the six line likes its area.

aquaria

Yeah i made the mistake of adding him second! I still want to add a clown goby tomorrow lol
I hope this wont be an issue!

scrapman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/390847/six-line-wrass-behavior#post_3463805
I respectfully disagree. Many wrasses are very peaceful and even shy. Sixlines are terrors.
Sorry for my wide sweeping generalization. I didn't realize that there was so many wrasses before flipping the pages of Scott W. Michael's "Marine Fishes".
I based my caracterization on two lyretail wrasses that I have had. They were unstoppable terrorists.