six-line wrasse

ok so i have got to get rid of my blackcap basslet
this thing digs and digs and digs some more mostly under rocks but my dsb is constantly getting torn-up on a daily basis
it was not bad at first but its getting real bad he has like four spots he does this in
i tried to make him a home but he doesnt like it so i cant take it anymore
when i bought him i researched and it said nothing about them digging but that they do like to hide
so now im thinking about replacing him with a six-line wrasse
ive done some research on this board and on the internet
i know they sleep in a coccon but does anyone know if they dig or bury themselves at night or other times
any help would be great

telemachus

Hey
I have a six-line and when the lights go off he goes into the rock work and hides. I have never noticed him to bury in the sand. I don’t think they sleep in a cocoon. I think they make filamentous like strands around themselves when they get stressed.

neowind

6-Lines don't dig at all or at least mine don't. They definatly don't sleep in a cocoon! They are very peaceful and will hide quite most of the time toward the end of the day.

marineman

i like mine he is in a community 55g tank and just swims in and out of the rocks all day long, i dont even see him eating that much but he has been doing fine for a long time, cool little fish!

its weird that you guys say that your six llines dont sleep in a cocoon cause i found some reports that say they do posted by other members on this board
i guess it depends on each six lines surroundings or something
but regardless thanks for the replies
i have to give one a shot

thanks jwtrojan44 thats kinda what i thought but wasnt sure since i have never personally dealt with one
hopefully this little guy will be my last addition
by the way i convinced my lfs to start stocking that mega marine angel you told me about so i didnt have to buy it off line and man does my potters love that
so far so good
thanks

texag04

My sixline is constantly moving around in the rockwork looking for food. At night he hides in the rocks. In the morning you can see his cocoon moving in the current. It looks like a jello mold.
He's by far my favorite fish and recommend them for reef tanks.

telemachus

This is interesting, I have never noticed any cocoon like things floating around the tank in the morning. Thanks, for supplying supporting evidence with your statements everyone.

g13

My 6line sleeps in the rockwork. I have never seen any type of cacoon and I've had him for a yr and a half. Mine is very aggresive with any newly added fish as a matter of fact he's killed and badly wounded 2 fish that I tried to add after him. He does not harm any of the fish that were in there before him.