six line wrasse

motameto

I bought 3 six line wrasse in hopes they would pair up, but all they do is fight.:eek: One of them looks really chewed up. I had to put him in the refugium to get him away from the other ones. does any one have any advice.

mattpg36

Is this a pair or a menage' a tois. Threesomes rarely work out. You might want to try putting on some "Barry White," maybe light some candles, dim the lights, but when they start putting cigarettes out on each other's asses, it's time to seek counseling.

I

ivanfj

I've never heard sixline wrasses would pair up. I don't think all the fish would like to pair up with somebody that looks like them. The only few fish I could think of that would pair up are clownfishes, mandarins, bangaii, and maybe anthias. But since you have a 75 gal, you would have enough room IMO to house 2 sixlines.

motameto

when juvenilles, wrasse are able to change ---, and they do breed in capitivty. I have lots of live rock with caves.

nm reef

Hmmm...most reference I've seen says to keep only individuals. They can be very territorial and will often fight to the death if kept in pairs. I don't believe I've ever heard of a successful "pair" of 6-lines kept in a display.:notsure: