Six-lined Wrasse problem?

tgcdc

I have had my 75g tank for 5 months now. The water quality is fine and I have 100lbs of LR. Just recently my six-lined wrasse, which I have had for 2 months now, is showing signs of raised scales and a white spot in the middle of one of his eyes. He is not scratching on anything in the tank and is still acting very healthy. What is this and what is my next step? None of the other fish in the tank are showing any of these signs..

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like it may be a bacterial infection. Can you post a picture of your sick fish?

tgcdc

Well I just looked at my boy this afternoon and he has ich all over the back end of him. I am acclimating him now for my QT and hopefully I can bring in back in a couple of weeks. This is probably my favorite fish. He has tons of personality..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tgcdc
http:///forum/post/2532363
Well I just looked at my boy this afternoon and he has ich all over the back end of him. I am acclimating him now for my QT and hopefully I can bring in back in a couple of weeks. This is probably my favorite fish. He has tons of personality..
You can see ich in the pictures. Unfortunately, if he was in he display then the entire display is infected. If you were to treat only this fish, then you will be introducing him back into a tank full of ich. All of your fish need to be treated.