Sixline Wrasse

I

ivanfj

Is sixline wrasse a "pod only" fish?? I am planning to trade-in my current fish for some more peaceful ones. They are wayyyyyyyyyy too aggressive right now. I was just thinking to get a pair of false perc and a sixline and I wanna go into reef later on as well. Those fish sounds good for my mini 20 gal??

kev

Mine eats Formula 1 and picks around at pods in my tank. Im not sure if they are "pod only" or not, but mine eats other stuff. You have good taste in fish lol, look at my sig! :D

noon

Mine eats mostly pods atm, but will nibble on any meaty foods i drop in, usually he will eat mysid shrimp and some pellet foods but he usually doesnt bother as hes been munching on a huge pod population, but i suspect he will be eating more food from me soon as the pods are beginning to disappear. He usually will grab a piece of shrimp and have it hanging out each side of his mouth and just kinda swim like that for a couple mins then its gone. Verys shy fish at time as he spends all his time in the rocks, i now have a yellow eye tang and sebae clown in with him and he tends to leave the rock more to tag along with the guys. The Kole doesnt always like that but the lil six line really doesnt pay him any attention when he tries to bow up on him.

stupid_naso

No they are not. Although they love pods, and many believe that their diet consist of only pods, I have kept one in the past who eats pretty much everything; brine shrimp, flakes, and of course pods. Your population of pods will definitely decrease, but your fish can still live. Just make sure when you bought it from the LFS that they try to feed it brine shrimp or flakes. It's a great addition to any tank IMO.
If you want to add the sixline, make sure that you add the pair of false percs first. Let it stabilize for awhile and then add the sixline. They are somewhat aggressive once they're established, the sixline that is.

I

ivanfj

Okay. Thanks guys. Maybe I should take a chance on one. I just love to watch them swim around.