Sixline +?

steelwrap

How aggresive are six lines with other wrasses? Is there any wrasses that can be put with an established six line in an established 55 gallon? Realy like flasher wrasses and Exquisite Wrasses, would these work out?

reefin419

I have owned several sixlines in the past some seem to be more docile then theres some that can seem down right mean as far as getting along with my other wrasses i never seemed to have a problem with them bickering with each other.

nicetry

Originally Posted by steelwrap
How aggresive are six lines with other wrasses? Is there any wrasses that can be put with an established six line in an established 55 gallon? Realy like flasher wrasses and Exquisite Wrasses, would these work out?
From personal experience, I would be very hesitant to put another wrasse into a tank with an established six line. In most cases, they are highly intolerant of other wrasse species, and my sense is the six line would likely kill the newcomer. I've had sixlines kill flasher wrasses and pester fairy wrasses to near death. They are very territorial and aggressive.

renogaw

i know someone who put a mystery in with a sixline. a day later the mystery was solved... it was the sixline, in the corals, with the mouth...
one way to prevent wrasse aggression is to keep the new wrasses in the tank but away from the other wrasses in there. i saw a trick where mike paletta (the author) would keep his new wrasses in one of those leaf strainers from a pool skimmer for about a week. the established wrasses (he has tons) would accept them into the tank because they were already in it.

lesleybird

I had a mean sixline once that killed a flasher wrasse then a royal gramma. I would not try it in a 55 gallon...the tank I had was a 90 gallon when the fish were killed. Got rid of the sixline when I got my new 190 gallon. Lesley