Skilter

sebaehope

I am currently running a skilter 250 filter, but when I turn on the skimmer, It saturates my tank with bubbles. Is there anyway to cut down on the bubbles? Thanks.

i have a skilter too but i have the 400 , theres no way to stop the bubbles from actually going into the tank when its on, but what you can do is not run there skimmer, i dont know if you noticed but the skilter injects a little air into the tank every few secs what you can do its put the tube under the water or take the air tube off and itll stop all that annoying woshin sounds

mr . salty

The skimmers on these filters are JUNK. There is no good way to make them work well. They are just too small,and the water passes through them way too fast for thrm to work.There are ways to make them quieter,but none that actually makes them work.My suggestion to you is to remove the skimmer part,and use the skilter as just a filter.Then go out and buy a small skimmer for your tank...

pufferlover

I would agree with salty on the 400's but the 250's (I have 2) work like a charm on both the tanks they are on. Yes they tend to be noisy, yes there are some bubbles depending on where you set the air valve. There is a explanation in the directions to quite them by use of a airstone arrangement, they tell you how to do it. Mine are in my basement so I don't care about the minor sounds they make.

sebaehope

Thanks all. I currently have a 30 gl with like 30lbs lr and a 4" ls bed. The only bio load on it is 1 sebae clown and two anemones, also 6 snails,2 camel shrimp, and an emerald crab. I currently run it on average of an hour at night before lights out. Does this sound good to you all? Should I run it longer, or more often? All input is appreciated. Thanks.

broomer5

I've used the 250 before on a small QT, it worked okay for that.
Run it ALL night long to do any good at all.
You may consider getting a better performing skimmer someday. Been there - Done it.
Good Luck
Broomer

pufferlover

I leave both mine on all the time but the instructions also stated if it is too noisey you can shut it off when you are in the area.I would guess depending on how much skimming action it is doing the time frame can be judged from that.