Skimmer?Am I going crazy?

brucewrs

Now comes the fun part of finding a Beckett nozzle at HD.The one buy me has 1407 and 1409..No 1408 I will try another HD I guess.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Sorry to ask again, but how are both skimmers acting lately?
Last night they were GREAT..The etss is starting to pull out some nice thick brown foam.The Berlin is the same.It works good but I needed more.
But again this morning the silversides stopped both protein skimmers in there tracks.I fed them 3 fish at 9am and now it's 9:50 and they are both not working.I think I have to quit feeding them silversides.
On a good note I just added 2 more fish.A sailfin Tang and a Fiji puffer.I was worried about the puffer because it is only 1 1/2 long.I have a spotted grouper,v tail grouper and a big eye snapper...So far so good.The Sailfin Tang has been getting beat up a little by a little yellow damsel.

brucewrs

Here is my list of fish.I know its alot,but I do weekly water changes and change the filter sock and pad over the wet dry every other day.
1 1/2 Fiji Puffer
5" Sailfin Tang
5" Niger Trigger
6" Lunare Wrasse
3" FileFish
7" Porcipine Puffer
5" Yellow Tang
6" Blue Hippo Tang
9" Blonde Naso Tang
5" Black speckled Grouper
4" V-Tail red Grouper
17" Snowflake Mooray eel
6" Earspot Angel Yep the 2 Angels get along......
3" French Angel
4" Scribbled Foxface
2 x 7" Silver Scats
3" Sergeant Major
2" Yellow Damsel
Asst. Starfish, urchins, snails, hermit crabs.

acrylic51

How big is your tank??? That's quite a load and you have some messy eaters......If your fish like the silversides keep feeding them, just you know that they will affect the skimmer for a while, but when they kick in you know they'll both pull.......
Damsels can be real bullies at times.....I would just keep and eye on them, they should be fine....I've seen some Sailfins, that are rather actually mean in their own rights......Is your Blonde Naso a male?
Try MRC for the beckett nozzle.....I though I saw the 1408 listed there or it might have been somewhere else I looked....I'll check a couple places and see if they have the 1408 and let you know what I come up with.....

brucewrs

How big is your tank??? That's quite a load and you have some messy eaters......If your fish like the silversides keep feeding them, just you know that they will affect the skimmer for a while, but when they kick in you know they'll both pull.......
Damsels can be real bullies at times.....I would just keep and eye on them, they should be fine....I've seen some Sailfins, that are rather actually mean in their own rights......Is your Blonde Naso a male?
Try MRC for the beckett nozzle.....I though I saw the 1408 listed there or it might have been somewhere else I looked....I'll check a couple places and see if they have the 1408 and let you know what I come up with.....

It is a 210gallon.Here is my set up.I have a 25 watt UV hanging off my fuge.The fuge is 24x16x16.The wet dry is 44x12x16.I have 2 1550gph pumps in the sump pumping water back into the tank.Of course the 2 protein skimmers.Lighting: oddysea 542 watt 2 175mh and 2 96 watt atinics.Plus a coral life 130watt power compact.Hmmm what should I get next?The Naso is a male

acrylic51

I like, I like :hilarious....Anyway I've done some checking and the most reliable sources I've found so far for the 1408 would either be MyReefCreations, or Austin Oceans which was Barrs. Both skimmers utilize the 1408 beckett as a stock part......

peter1215

Hi Bruce
I also have an etss reef devil and the bubbles go down as soon as you feed the fish . Mine usually comes back within a few hours. are you happy with the overall perforamnce of yours?

brucewrs

Originally Posted by peter1215
Hi Bruce
I also have an etss reef devil and the bubbles go down as soon as you feed the fish . Mine usually comes back within a few hours. are you happy with the overall perforamnce of yours?

So far,but I think the Beckett modification will be better.Plus you wont need the bio balls that are in the chamber.One less thing to have clog up.

brucewrs

I like, I like :hilarious....Anyway I've done some checking and the most reliable sources I've found so far for the 1408 would either be MyReefCreations, or Austin Oceans which was Barrs. Both skimmers utilize the 1408 beckett as a stock part......
I just came back from 2 HD's and a lowes.No one has it. At HD they have 1407 1409 1410 but no 1408..Strange.

peter1215

Originally Posted by brucewrs
So far,but I think the Beckett modification will be better.Plus you wont need the bio balls that are in the chamber.One less thing to have clog up.
Bruce
can you please send info or link regarding the beckett modification . Ive never heard of it but I'm willing to try anything that will enhance the skimmers performance. if you cant send me the link in this forum, please send it to pistolpete1215@yahoo.com. thanks

brucewrs

Originally Posted by peter1215
Bruce
can you please send info or link regarding the beckett modification . Ive never heard of it but I'm willing to try anything that will enhance the skimmers performance. if you cant send me the link in this forum, please send it to pistolpete1215@yahoo.com. thanks

E-Mail sent.:)

acrylic51

MRC prices are cheaper than Austin Oceans....you might want to call and talk to Andy at MRC and see what the cost is just to purchase the beckett instead of the whole assembly.....

peter1215

ACRYLIC
So are you using a beckett on one of your skimmers ? you have a reef devil? if, so does it improve the performance alot?

acrylic51

No I'm running a dual beckett MRC Skimmer....I had looked at the ETSS years ago....Just not as effective with their technology right off the shelf that you can get with other skimmers IMO......
Sorry here's a pic of the skimmer I'm running....I don't have the collection cup on in the pic.....The skimmer is the MRC4R. It is a recirc skimmer and is directly fed from 1 of the drain lines from the MT......There are better pics of the skimmer setup in my thread in the Reef forum under 240 project....