skimmer brands???

guitar

I love mine too but you might have to make mods because it can overflow. I just drilled a hole in my collection cup sealed it and put a tube so that the skimmate lands in a Gatorade bottle.

tlarkin

For a skimmer in the same price range as the coralife, I'd go with a reef octopus nw any day of the week.

stanlalee

mediocre. when the SS125 used to cost $107 (what I got mine for anyway) and the SS65 was $79 they were decent skimmers for the money. At the $170+ that the SS125 cost I wouldn't consider it an option. I use one (well until my octopus comes in tommorow) and it works decently just too many better options these days (not as many two years ago when I got mine).

ron colovi

I have a excalibur skimmer. Biggest POJ I've ever had.
I also have a Aqua C urchin never could get this one too work at all. I noticed that one of the plastic channels is bent ever so slightly. Very low water flow out of over flow.
I have cleaned and cleaned,but still no luck
Does any one have any suggestions? Please help neither skimmer is making any foam.
thanks
Ron

mr_x

i tried a remora for a while. it's the same as an urchin, except they glue a piece of flat plastic on the bottom as a stand. i hated it. i couldn't get much skimmate at all.