Skimmer Bubbles and Live Rock

I

incognito

I am looking at picking up a Cyclone BAK-PAK 2R Bio-Filter skimmer and there two versions out there are the normal and reef ready. ATM I have a FO setup, but would like to add live rock some day. I would probably go with the reef ready one, but what I would like to know is what is the difference between the two skimmers and what is the big deal with bubbles from a skimmer and a reef tank.
Thanks,
Incognito

If I am correct the only difference between the two skimmers are the fact that the reef ready one does not have the "bio bale" which has additional bio filtration. The big deal with bubbles in a reef tank is if they get in your corals and pop you can really damage the corals of a reef tank.

I just got a new CPR2 skimmer for my new 29 gal tank. It puts out tons of bubbles but RYE told me that the bubbles will go away within a week or so. I just put the LR and LS in last night, and the skimmer is putting out tons of junk. I do notice the bubbles are diminishing already. so far so good.

buzz

I have a 2R. When I first put it in, it had a lot of bubbles. It just needs time to break in. After a few days, there were no more bubbles. The only time I have bubbles is when I use any additives.