Skimmer Cup Fell Into Sump Help!!!!

casper1875

I went to clean my skimmer and when I took the cup off it fell into the sump.
The water is green.
I shut the return pump off. Cleaned the skimmer cup and when I started it bubbles every where.
How do I clean this up? I don't want all the goop going into the tank.

t316

Originally Posted by casper1875
http:///forum/post/3235644
Can I use the water from QT? I don't have any fresh water made.
Is it clean, not had anything bad in the QT? If so, that would be better than the nasty green water. What size tank is it? If it's large enough, you might can get by with just not turning the pump on tonight at all. Then get some water tomorrow for a water change.

casper1875

My tank is a 180. The sump is an Oceanic Model 3. What a mess. I had the qt set up, but nothing has been in it.
I took the hob filter off the qt and started it in the sump. I took out about 15 gallons from the sump so far.

t316

With a 180 gal. tank, you can definately get by tonight with no sump or return pump. Just make sure you keep a power head in the display tank, and if your heater is in the sump, move it to the display. You can totally clean the sump out tonight and get some water tomorrow to refill.

casper1875

I can move the heaters. The powerheads are still on. I guess it's all over, but the clean up. Thanks so much for the help. I just kind of lost it there a bit.