Skimmer for 90 Gallon

jedimaster

What would you guys recomend for a 90 gallon. The tanks is pretty much fowlr right now but will eventually go to reef. The skimmer is the second last step. the last will be additional lighting. I was thinking of a Red Sea Berlin. What about a prism or maybe even two of them? or a prism pro? What about a seaclone or a visijet? I also saw an aquac remora and urchin pro.

david s

A good bang for the buc is the berlin turbo I have one on my 90 and it has done fine but the pump recently burnt out and I am looking for a higher end skimmer

surfnturf

Forget about the regular Prizm for a tank that size. The Prizm Pro would easily handle that tank, but there are so many skimmers in that price range, and you are probably better going with an in-sump model rather than a hang on skimmer.

david s

I tell you what jedi after this weekend when I get the new one you can have it it is a hob but has a crack were input tube goes in I overtightend it it runs great in sump but if you hang it you would have to silicone were it goes in to make sure it wouldnt drip my email is Lisa.sylvia2@verizon.net

b.armstrong1

I have a 92 gallon corner tank and have gone the cheap rout on three skimmers (not so cheap after all) I would not recomend the seaclon or the Prizim or Prizim pro. I finally have settled on a great skimmer for this tank and it is the ETTS super reef devil. It is not the cheapest, but neither was investing / throwing away all the other dough into the other skimmers mentioned. Thank god for ----.