Skimmer for aggressive tank

shwanshark

Can anyone suggest a good (inexpensive) protein skimmer for a 75 gallon aggressive tank. I've never used one before bc I've only had a niger trigger in there. Now I'm starting to stock it full of carnivores and they are creating alot of waste. I have a sump, but the pump takes up alot of space in it. Please let me know where online I could purchase it also.
Also, has anyone ever heard of American Workhorse Power Compact lighting. There is one (4x65w) on ---- for $124. I'm looking for an inexpensive new lighting set up and the only other thing that I've seen for less is Oddysea. Or should I go with lunar aqualight 48" 4x65w for $210?
All suggestions are appreciated

partsman

Originally Posted by shwanshark
Can anyone suggest a good (inexpensive) protein skimmer for a 75 gallon aggressive tank. I've never used one before bc I've only had a niger trigger in there. Now I'm starting to stock it full of carnivores and they are creating alot of waste. I have a sump, but the pump takes up alot of space in it. Please let me know where online I could purchase it also.
Also, has anyone ever heard of American Workhorse Power Compact lighting. There is one (4x65w) on ---- for $124. I'm looking for an inexpensive new lighting set up and the only other thing that I've seen for less is Oddysea. Or should I go with lunar aqualight 48" 4x65w for $210?
All suggestions are appreciated
coralife lunar aqualight ..............if thats your 2 choices .. i use the aqualights and simply love them - except about every 8-9 months when i have to replace bulbs ....
$$$$$$$$$ lol ..........
gotta spend it on something i guess ...

sebae09

what do you call inexpensive? under 200$ or under 300$ you allways want to get the biggest skimmer you can afford, thats especially true when it comes to aggresive tanks.

shwanshark

How would a Coralife Needle Wheel Skimmer 220 gallon do? Is that possibly too much? Also, this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know how much space in my sump is required for this skimmer?
BTW, I'm going with the Coralife PC 48" 4x65w lighting