Skimmer help

mouse03245

Ok, its been two weeks with the aqua c skimmer. It hasnt broken in yet and I realize that it will sooner or later.But I have been emptying the collection cup for 2 days now about every 2-4 hours.The cup is as high as it goes and Im not sure u have to empty it so often. Anybody have any ideas?

gafish

you may want to adjust the valve it sounds like you have the skimmer turned way up.....
Just a suggestion....I'm new to this also.

thangbom

nopper.. u should not have to empty it that much.. i empty mines like once a week.. sry i cant help u too much more becuase i dont own or know how a ramora work...

mouse03245

thanx for the help but there is no valve on it. when the cup is down,it fills much faster than it should. when its up its just slower to fill the cup. but we did a water change last night and it did slow down on filling up a bit. if there is a valve, where the heck is it? :notsure:

sw65galma

Originally Posted by mouse03245
thanx for the help but there is no valve on it. when the cup is down,it fills much faster than it should. when its up its just slower to fill the cup. but we did a water change last night and it did slow down on filling up a bit. if there is a valve, where the heck is it? :notsure:
Is the cup being filled with semi clean water or is it really green?
If it's really green, you had a tons of junk in your water, Mine is awsome...
If it's semi clear, then it's adjusted to high...I don't know how to adjust...never had to.
What kind of pump do you have on it?

mouse03245

At 1st it was watery and yellowish. now after coming home from work it seems like its working right. I lowered the cup earlier and there is brownish greenish gook. (love the ish words!!!) The pump is a maxi jet 1200.Seems like after the water change it working better,just not as good as it should yet. I'll just have to wait it out I guess.

rberhow

Just wondering, have you added anything to your water. Our LFS said that Stress Coat will make your skimmer fill faster and IME, ours goes nuts if we add it. Just a thought.

mouse03245

No I havent. I was told that if u use r/o water u dont need to add stress coat or water conditioner. I hope this is right or Im in big trouble!!!! Thanx for the input though!