Skimmer help

aceroc

ok last question :joy: How long should i give the skimmer inbetween adjustments?
1day, 2 day ect...

dvincent

Originally Posted by Jes723ika
sounds like the problem i'm having with mine, someone gave it to me, and the tornado part of it works LOL, thats what i call it, but nothing comes out into the collection cup.. the guy who gave it to me says nothing is wrong with it (well he sold it to me for a friend of his) and i dont believe him because its just not doing anything, here is a pic of mine, can someone help???

jes723ika the problem i see with yours is that your air bubbles look very large and the water looks to clear in the reaction chamber, i will post a pic of mine, notice how milky white the water is in the chamber. Darrin
skimmer pic
and for the record the foam should look like a bubble bath.

mavgi

Originally Posted by Jes723ika
sounds like the problem i'm having with mine, someone gave it to me, and the tornado part of it works LOL, thats what i call it, but nothing comes out into the collection cup.. the guy who gave it to me says nothing is wrong with it (well he sold it to me for a friend of his) and i dont believe him because its just not doing anything, here is a pic of mine, can someone help???

as i see if i am not wrong you have the seaclone skimmer .
if i am right about the skimmer so i have like this before and i am sorry to tell you that but it's the worst skimmer in the market , some people have it and they happy with it but i think it's "sea clown". one of the best skimmer in the market it's the aquac c remorea but they expensive i bought the jebo 180 skimmer and it's work for me good ($38)
i will attach here picture for the collection cup so you can see but i heard that some people try it to and don't like it. bottom line skimmer need time to breakdown and adjusting and a lot of patient , you put or connect skimmer to your tank and you want fast result but it's not like that .....

monalisa

Originally Posted by Aceroc
ok last question :joy: How long should i give the skimmer inbetween adjustments?
1day, 2 day ect...
With my skimmer, I really just listen to it and check what's going on in the collection cup. I think with mine, maybe...maybe once a week, but that's usually right after I do my water change. I've noticed that when the collection cup has a lot of gunk in it, the skimmer doesn't sound quite right, and when I check for foam there's usually not much going up either at that time. Most times I don't need to adjust, but when I do a huge cleaning, then look out. I just really monitor whenever it hits me. If you're like me, you're hanging out by the tank anyway...when you think about it, check out what your skimmer's doing. Hope this all makes sense!!! Please let me know if I should clarify.
Lisa :Happyfish

monalisa

Originally Posted by mavgi
as i see if i am not wrong you have the seaclone skimmer .
if i am right about the skimmer so i have like this before and i am sorry to tell you that but it's the worst skimmer in the market , some people have it and they happy with it but i think it's "sea clown". one of the best skimmer in the market it's the aquac c remorea but they expensive i bought the jebo 180 skimmer and it's work for me good ($38)
i will attach here picture for the collection cup so you can see but i heard that some people try it to and don't like it. bottom line skimmer need time to breakdown and adjusting and a lot of patient , you put or connect skimmer to your tank and you want fast result but it's not like that .....

Sorry, very uncalled for. This is a thread asking for help, not critisism. I will have you know that the skimmer that I've been running for quite some time now, and doing an excellent job I might add, is SIMPLY an Odyssea pro pack...not expensive and not high tech, but I've made it work!! And anyone with the integrity and wherewithall can do the same.
JPMO
Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by Aceroc
I will give it a little time with some adjustments.
Thanks for your help Lisa.

You're welcome Acer...let me know how it goes, 'kay?
Lisa :happyfish

mavgi

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Sorry, very uncalled for. This is a thread asking for help, not critisism. I will have you know that the skimmer that I've been running for quite some time now, and doing an excellent job I might add, is SIMPLY an Odyssea pro pack...not expensive and not high tech, but I've made it work!! And anyone with the integrity and wherewithall can do the same.
JPMO
Lisa
i didn't to mean to make criticism...... it's just i have the same filling and the same pain with the skimmer