skimmer not skimming

keaka

Hello,
I've had my 125 set up for about 7 months now. I have the Aqua Clear Pro Series 150 with the skimmer. The problem is that there is nothing coming out of the skimmer, no foam, no junk. It is skimming and there was stuff coming out shortly after the cycle completed but nothing for a while now. What could be the problem? Like I said, it is working but there is no foam.
:confused:

keaka

Thanks for the replies.
It has not been skimming for a couple of months now. As I mentioned, it was skimming shortly after I turned it on once the tank cycled. Does the lid make a difference? I tried it both ways, with and without the lid.
qwiksilver, I'm not sure what you mean by the water level inside the skimmer. The only level I keep an eye on is the water level of the sump. The skimmer is installed inside the sump, how can I raise the level inside the skimmer?
Thanks again.

aarone

yes the lid definately does matter.
Is there any way you can turn up the amount of bubbles?
aaron

i have that same skimmer but mine is not part of the sump but i know which one your are talking about on mine it has a pipe that pours the water back out into the sump after it comes out of the skimmer and you raise or lower that pipe to control the water level inside the skimmer and also like aarone said adjust your bubble size you want the smallest bubbles possible and the driest foam going into the collection cup also i tried to adjust my bubble size for the longest time and couldnt get it quite right then i removed that little air valve that controls the air intake and it works perfect now i havent adjusted it since so you could try that and finally when you make any adjustment give it a minute and see whats happens sometimes it takes a minute for you too see the full result

keaka

I really appreciate your responses. Unfortunately it sounds like I have already done everything you guys say I should do with the same results. The bubbles are plenty and small, I tried it with the valve off and on and I cleaned the skimmer.
If put the lid on tight, the tube gets squeezed and hardly any air gets through. Should I drill a hole in the lid to run the tube through?
My water tests were fine the last time I checked. Could it be that I don't have too many fish in it (3 medium size, 2 small)? I do have a lot of green algea growing all over the LR.