skimmer overflowing..

jtkld75

What can i do to stop this, i was advised to switch the placing of the plastic tube, so i did that, and now, although the skimmer appears to be working, it overflows in the collection cup?? Anyone know where i adjust this its a red sea prism skimmer, please help, i got no instructions with this skimmer. thanks

jtkld75

Will somone please tell me why this is overflowing in the top?/ it is going back into my tank and i dont think that can be good,, come on someone, please throw me a bone!!

jtkld75

thanks, I think i have slowed it down, but it isnt flowing out of the skimmer as fast as it used to and the foam isnt coming as fast... When i clean this out, will I clean this top section or further inside?

jtkld75

thanks for the repy, I was told to look for a brown sludge stuff, butI will be suprised when i find any of that stuff, as the water looks so clean, but time will tell...tick tock tick tock

chinawoods

:yes: I use the same model, on top of the inlet pipe, there should be a blk turn-valve, turn it counter clockwise until the water flow slow right down. Leave at this setting for a few days and let you skimmer break-in. Then slowly turn back up a bit at a time until the water in the skimmer chamber is just below the collection cup. Use a black marker to mark the setting and check it every couple of days.. Don't forget to empty the collection cup and clean them once a week!
:happyfish

jtkld75

thanks china, ill post a picture of where the water line is now, is this where it should be or does it need to drop signifigantly? the water line is right below the white foam layer........Thanks again

chinawoods

:notsure: sorry jdkld75, the picture that you sent really wasn't clear enough!! But the connection between the main body and the collection cup, where a blk rubber 'o' ring is located? The water level should be below it. The foam should be bubbling up and slowly goes into the collection cup.
Remember, you SHOULD NOT have a lot of water in the cup at any time!!
Hope this is clear for you. If you have any more queations, just ask. I will be happy to answer them.:happyfish